Monday, October 27, 2008

May-October, on Fast Forward

Shortly after I took a posting hiatus...

Conflict with my best friend resulted in us not talking.

Around this same time I became extremely suicidal, to the point that I had to be hospitalized for seven days. During this time I relied very, very heavily on music to help get me through. After I got out, I felt closer to those songs I mentioned back then than ever. As a result, I began to have a serious crisis of faith, not at all helped by a pagan stepfather and a Mom who attends a Unity Church. Not to mention I didn't have any Christian friends in my immediate circle.

I spent the summer being less productive than I should have been and trying to mull over what everything meant. During this time I almost made a few decisions I know I would have sincerely regretted. August rolled around, I went to a concert that completely blew my mind and I thought I had made my decision.

But now I'm not so sure. I'm starting college in January and I have no idea what I want to major in or what I want to do with my life, again. I have absolutely no clue who Lydia is anymore, or what the future holds for her. Pray for me, please.

2 comments:

MamaBirdEmma said...

I'm sorry that you had such a hard time, Lydia. I will be praying for you!

Everly Pleasant said...

Lydia?!?!
Oh my goodness, I've been wondering what happened to you. Honestly, I've been praying for you ever since you "disappeared" and you were on my mind just this morning. As thrilled as I am to hear of your existence, I am sorry to hear about what hardships you faced during your absence.
Please know that you're not forgotten and I always check my email if you ever want to talk.
The Lord loves you and has incredible plans for you no matter what decisions you make about college or career or anything.
It is so good to have you back,
I hope you're on the recovery.
Everly Pleasant