Friday, February 22, 2008

Cooking, etc.

First and foremost, thank you for the prayers. Jay's surgery went very well, better than was expected, and his healing time is shorter as a result.

In other news, I'm so, so excited! We just bought Once-a-Month Cooking by Mary-Beth Lagerborg and Mimi Wilson. Our family's so scattered that we don't have near enough time together on a daily basis, and I'm such a novice there's no way I could plan a menu on my own yet! I'm hoping this will give us the chance to sit down and actually have a meal together each night.

It comes very highly reccommended, although I hear there are some errors in the shopping lists. Fine by me, I've got the time to double-check them. :)

Also, no need to worry. If I don't have part two up by tonight, it'll be up in the morning. ;)

1 comment:

MamaBirdEmma said...

You'll have to let us know how the cookbook turns out. I love "reading" cookbooks but always fall back on either The Joy of Cooking (worth it's weight in gold!) or allrecipes.com