Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Single on Valentine's Day

I love Valentine's Day. It's so easy to get lost in Victoriana! I've got a set of Punch Studio Valentine cards that I've been sending out to anyone and everyone.

Since Jay has school tonight, we had out family exchange last night. I'm rather long-winded, so my gift to both of my parents was a heartfelt card apiece. I had asked for fresh flowers; my mother bought me the most beautiful bouquet! It's got white and purple daisies and carnations, and is in a place of honor in my room right now. Jay also bought me a cameo...I was ecstatic!

In our culture, it can be hard to be single on a day when everything is about being a couple. (Regardless of exactly how committed you are!) I'm going to try and keep my sights on the important things today.

First and foremost, I'm going to go about my routine like I always do. Just because I might feel like sighing and daydreaming all day doesn't mean I ought to. I'll save that for after the schoolwork and chores are done. :-)

I'm also watching my Universal Feel-Good Movie: Sense and Sensibility. I can think of no better movie to remind me not to rush into a relationship just because I want to fall in love. Both Eleanor and Marianne learn important lessons that all of us single girls could stand to remember. But I especially connect with Marianne, overdramatic as I am.

All in all, judging by the weater, etc., it's going to be a lovely day. I hope you all have a wonderful one as well!

No comments: