Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ouchie!

I had my wisdom teeth removed today. It was an adventure, to say the very least. But the oral surgeon was very knowledgeable, his assisstants friendly, and his surgery room wallpapered with a giant photograph of a forest path with oak trees, Spanish moss, azalea bushes, and pink roses. Be still my heart! ;) It was certainly the most pleasant dental work I've ever had done.

So, sterile gauze and I shall become good friends for the next 20 hours or so. For all the factors, and the depth of my roots (apparently), it was a relatively uneventful procedure that he said was actually simpler than he thought it would be at first.

Anyway, if you're plauged by wisdom teeth that occasionally like to cut through and hurt very badly, I reccommend going ahead with the procedure. Dr. Johnson actually said I ought to have gotten them out a couple years earlier, before the roots were mature. Apparently my teeth developed really quickly, which makes sense; I was the first one in my kindgergarten class to lose one. It's a very funny story involving a banana and Gullah Gullah Island, but I'll save that for another time.

Well, I'm off to grab a little shut-eye. Oh, by the way, I've been listening like crazy to Deborah Brinson's Let Dixie Remember, which I downloaded from Behemoth.com. It's absolutely gorgeous, and more than half is actual old Southern Civil War songs, or old Southern poems set to music. It's also available on CD from harpofdixie.com. I've also managed to find the lyrics to every last song (believe me, it was a Google treasure hunt!), so if anyone does get it, I'm happy to help out. ;)

1 comment:

Everly Pleasant said...

I am so glad that all went smoothly! I've heard of some people (ahem...Kara) who had HORRIBLE wisdom-tooth-extraction-experiences. I am very thankful that yours was not one of them. :)
The wallpaper must of made a difference.
WOW, you know "Gullah, Gullah Island"?! I used to watch that!!!
How funny.
I'll check out the cd. Sounds interesting!
Everly