Wednesday, January 14, 2009

*Whew*

Well, today was my second day of college. Allow me to say it's interesting, and is going to continue to be so.

I have already learned so much in my first two days of music that it's my favorite class so far. Everything from my piano days is rushing back to me, and I'm really looking forward to deepening my understanding as time goes by.

My history teacher is very funny, and very knowledgable. The supplementary reader he has assigned us is very Marxist in interpretive nature, but I don't much mind. He's said that as long as I keep an open mind and am respectful, I am more than welcome to "butt heads" with him on historical interpretation.

English is a little disappointing, I must say. It will be my simplest class I can tell, but I do love writing prompts, and it's good to have peer review/editing as well as the opinions of an older expert.

Psychology is a requirement at my college, and so I'm glad I'm getting it out of the way first semester. It's all moral grey areas and pseudoscience as far as I've seen. Psychology is a pretty modern study, and is very subjective and bound by popular opinion. It is a large class, however, so hopefully I can pass through unnoticed.

Last night, I attended the official Watch Party for Crystal Darkness Oklahoma,a meth awareness campaign and documentary. It was an amazing night, very heavy and moving. When all was said and done, the planning committee, for which I was a consultant on certain aspects, was brimming with emotion. I've never gotten so many bear hugs from so many people in my life before.

Well, the mail is here! I'm off, lovelies.

No comments: