Saturday, March 8, 2008

*Ouch*

I had my first car accident today. I was at fault; I turned with a car blocking my view and slammed (with low momentum, luckily) into the side of another car. I hit the back tire; thankfully, no one was hurt. The people were very nice and calm. Their car was pretty torn up, but my damage doesn't go beyond the superficial. Luckily, because of the way Beetles are pieced, we only have to replace a small panel.

To add to the fortune, the other car didn't have their current insurance with them. We had a very nice police officer come to the scene who chose not to ticket them for it, and as such didn't ticket me, either. Add to it that my parents aren't angry or upset with me, and for a first accident, it wasn't bad. The Lord's hand was on me today.

I'm going to have to take a part-time job to pay the insurance deductable, so I picked up an application at the fabric store by my house...We shall see how it goes.

In better news, I picked up a nice dress pattern for 99 cents at Hobby Lobby today. I'll mostly be making views A or D, but I may make a couple of the sleeveless ones to go under sweaters or jackets. I also got the most beautiful fabric I've ever seen, a soft white cotton with teeny eyelets and a purple rose print. It was pricey, so I just got enough to make a blouse with, I think I'll try my Dawn Anderson pattern.

If you all have time, please say a little prayer for me, that today will be my last accident for a while! :)

1 comment:

Everly Pleasant said...

Lydia,
I am so sorry! I would be a nervous wreck but it sounds like you are handling it well. I haven't started driving yet, but when I do...well, I am a bit scared! I hope that your job goes well. I will most definitely say a prayer for you. Oh, and the patterns look lovely. I wish that I could sew. Have a better day!
Everly