Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What a Weekend!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, whether you keep Easter or not!

My grandparents came in from Arkansas and were with us from Friday until Monday; I'm always glad to see them. I also got to see my aunt and uncle, my cousins, and....my cousin's six month old! Baby Marshall is the absolute sweetest thing you'll ever see. My stepdad (his godfather) spent nearly half an hour playing with him, and it was the sweetest thing in the world to see, if a bit nerve-wracking! Men most definately play with babies differently than women do! :)

Our Sunday dinner was delicious. We had brown-sugar ham, fresh green beans, black-eyed peas, ambrosia, and lime jello salad. For dessert, we had a coconut cake which I baked from a recipe in Taste of the South, and an extremely unusual, but very decadent key lime bread pudding, also my domain, from a recipe Mom got at the Point Clear Grand Hotel in Alabama.

We went to an absolutely beautiful Mass, where all the stops had been pulled out. The music was exquisite, and the priest spoke well. Mom and I were just about in tears by the time it was over.

Through all this, Mimi and I found time to watch the Kate Beckinsale version of Emma on Masterpiece Theatre, which I highly reccommend to even the most marginal Jane Austen fan. It was delightful, and superior to the Gwyneth Paltrow version, in my opinion. I am a little miffed at the fact that I caught a preview for their new Sense and Sensibility, and they seem to have inserted a highly inappropriate plot device surrounding Marianne and Willoughby. Jane must be spinning in her grave.

I must say, it's something of a relief to be returning to my daily routine. The kitchen is finally back in ship shape!

2 comments:

LizzieD said...

Hello Lydia, glad to see you are enjoying Easter with your family.
I'm tagging you for a meme, which you'll find over at my blog - when you get back round to blogging! (It must be all that housework you've been doing that's keeping you busy! - I really ought to get round to some myself! ha ha).

Everly Pleasant said...

Lydia,
I am glad you had a good week!
Ours was lovely also. We usually have about 50+ people over from my mom's side but this Easter the group was small. It was still wonderful though. I look forward to more great posts from you!
In Christ,
Everly