Wednesday, November 5, 2008

In Fair Eureka...

Eureka Springs really is a wonderful little town, if you watch your step. (Literally and figuratively, they have some of the steepest staircases I've ever seen!) I'm considering either posting, or maybe putting together an Ebook for Christians wanting to vacation there. It has some very good Christian attractions, and some gorgeous old historic church buildings. But it's pretty much the "misfit bin" as one local puts it. If nothing else, it provides beauty unrivaled, and I hope to take you on a little tour here. :)



Here's T, our beloved Shih-Tzu, all ready to go!


Here we are just across the Arkansas border, taking a breather.


The sign for our charming little cottage...


...And my very soft bed.


A view of the magnificent Crescent Hotel from the gazebo on East Mountain, right up the road from the cottage.


Spring Street buildings.


The taffy machine at Sweet's Fudge Kitchen. (I highly reccommend the peppermint)


The Flatiron building. The Quilt Shop downstairs has some of the prettiest demitasse teacups I've ever seen!


The Basin Park Hotel, built in 1905. (For reference, it's to the left of the Flatiron.)


Pepper the working bunny. He'll hand you your receipt, bag, and change, coins and all! Plus, he gives bunny kisses.


The "Grand Old Lady" herself, the Crescent! (Built in 1886)


Our carriage tour driver and her adorable Yorkie, Princeton.


I'd be remiss if I didn't show you a real spring! This is called the Grotto, and it's a little cave that's always around 62 degrees! T went down to investigate, of course.


As you can see, he was worn out!

I managed to make it home with a book of paper dolls from the 1895 and 1896 Boston Herald issues, and a silver sixpence in a drawstring bag to save for my wedding! (Lord willing.) You know what they say...

Something old, something new
Something borrowed, something blue
And a silver sixpence in her shoe.

1 comment:

Everly Pleasant said...

That looks like a lovely trip...the kind I would enjoy.
I'm glad you had a good time.
That's so cute about the sixpence. Now I want one...
Oh, and I want Pepper.
Everly